Car Insurance For Drivers Across California
Serving all of San Diego County, specifically Bonita, El Cajon, La Mesa, Lakeside, Santee, Spring Valley, and surrounding areas.
Driving is a type of risk and reward. The reward is being able to travel, see your loved ones, go to work and home, and more. But the risk is being involved in an accident—and possibly being held liable for anything that happens to your vehicle.
The friendly staff at Swanson Insurance Agency understands that each driver is different and needs a car insurance policy tailored for their vehicle and coverage needs. We work to build a lasting relationship with each client through trust and attention to detail. We’ll evaluate your risks as a California driver and help you get the policy you need at a price you can appreciate.
What Auto Insurance Is Required by Law?
Auto insurance requirements are determined by the state, meaning that the amount of insurance you’re legally required to carry depends on where you live. In California, all drivers are expected to carry at minimum:
- $15,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $30,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $5,000 in property damage liability
It is recommended that you invest in higher liability coverages, however, to completely protect against accidents and lawsuits. Liability also will not cover every danger you face on the road. While this insurance covers damages you may cause to someone else, it will not cover damages to your vehicle or injuries you and your passengers may suffer after an accident.
Car Insurance Coverage We Offer
All our car insurance policies include state-required liability, but we generally recommend a full coverage policy—especially for newer vehicles and inexperienced drivers. A full coverage car insurance policy from Swanson Insurance Agency may include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to your vehicle due to hazards such as fire, wind, hail, lightning, theft and vandalism.
- Collision Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to your vehicle due to collisions with another vehicle or object.
- Liability: This covers bodily injury and property damage you may cause someone else while operating the insured vehicle.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This helps with medical bills you and your passengers may face after an accident, no matter who caused the accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This insurance compensates for damages caused in an accident involving another driver who is not carrying enough insurance at the time of the accident.
- Roadside Assistance: This can help with trip interruptions such as blown tires, running out of gas and towing.
Insure with Swanson Insurance Agency
Common Auto Insurance Questions
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
Drivers can pay monthly premiums in return for car insurance coverage. So long as the policy is active, you can file a claim to receive compensation for covered accidents involving your vehicle.
When Should I Get Auto Insurance?
Ideally, you should have auto insurance at the time of signing onto your vehicle. Many dealerships will require you to have a certain amount of full coverage on a vehicle at purchase, especially for newer vehicles.
How Are Auto Insurance Premiums Calculated?
Auto insurance rates depend on your age, location, gender, coverage limits, driving record, credit score, value of the vehicle and other factors. Fill out an online quote form to find out how much you can save on auto insurance.
Why Is Auto Insurance Important?
Car insurance is crucial for keeping everyone on the road safe. While accidents aren’t always avoidable, this insurance can help you and others with heavy expenses after an accident. It can help you recover quickly with help for medical bills, damages and possible legal fees.